marketing

Pardon our dust

Helen's thoughts


Damn I've neglected this blog for a long time, lol. Alex and I have been pretty busy with school/work so we haven't written much lately.
Some recent updates:
Alex and I got into a really down period a few weeks/months back where I wanted to end the relationship. I'm not sure why I was so down, but I think a lot of it had to do with school. I'm still struggling a lot with school and sometimes I get really scared, and the fact that my mom puts a lot of pressure/expectation on me doesn't help. She kept telling me I need to focus on school, and one of the ways to focus more on school is to cut ties with Alex. It was tough trying to juggle Alex, school, and pressure from my mom all at the same time, so it was really getting to me and I took it out on Alex. I began to get really annoyed with everything and I just wanted to withdraw from our relationship.
Alex wouldn't let that happen though. And I'm really glad he didn't because our relationship now is better than ever. I'm not sure exactly what it was that we did, but I just know that I'm glad I didn't go through with the break up and I know now more than ever that Alex loves me. He's patient where I fall short and I'm extremely glad for it.

Last week was my Spring Break! My mom and I took a trip to California. We stayed with a family friend in Laguna Niguel, which was a really nice place. California was almost like going to another country for me. A lot of the houses/buildings are Spanish styled, and due to the high amount of Mexican population there, a lot of the stuff there were in Spanish as well. It was an eye-opening experience for me. California is so mountainous too, it's a nice change of scenery from Illinois' boring plains.
Random thought: I love riding on airplanes! I especially love flying at night. All the lights on the ground look like scattered jewels or stars. I want to collect them all together and throw them into the sky and see where they'll fall on the ground. It's cool to see all the car lights moving at night too. They look like blood cells moving.
This pic was taken in my backyard, not Cali, but I thought I'd share!
Will post pics of Cali in the next post.
Dear readers: share with me a random photo you took recently!

2 comments:

Anonymous at: March 14, 2011 at 11:43 AM said...

Wow, I want to see Illinois's plains! They sound gorgeous, like the Sound of Music or something.

{ Alex and Helen } at: March 14, 2011 at 8:43 PM said...

@butters: lol it's nothing like that at all. Sound of Music has a plain then mountains around it, so I'd say Cali is more like that than IL :P

Post a Comment